The days are getting longer (just about!) and it won’t be long until we’re getting ready for spring. Whether you’re buying a new BBQ or dusting down the existing one, here are some top tips for making the most of your BBQ.
Charcoal v gas
If you’re buying a new BBQ, take the time to decide which type best suits your needs. Here are a few things to consider:
- A charcoal BBQ will introduce more smokiness into your cooking than gas
- Gas BBQs are easier to use and give you flames at the touch of a button; a charcoal BBQ needs more love and attention when cooking with it
- A gas BBQ will probably cost more to buy in the first instance, but the running costs will ultimately be less than charcoal
- With a gas BBQ, the temperature can be accurately adjusted during the cooking process
- A gas BBQ creates less mess as you won’t need to clean out the ashes afterwards.
Considerations for cooking
Before you don your apron, here are some things to consider to make the most of your BBQ cooking:
- Make sure you are using the right fuel for the type of BBQ you have
- If you’re cooking with a charcoal BBQ, wait for the flames to die down
- Treat yourself to some good quality BBQ tools; a decent pair of tongs is a must!
What to cook
If you really want to impress your guests at your next BBQ, don’t just throw on some shop-bought sausages and burgers. Consider the following:
- Home-made burgers are incredibly easy to make and can be made the day before – Fish works well on BBQs and is a lighter option for a warm, sunny day
- Consider marinating the meat the night before to infuse it with maximum flavour.
Whatever type of BBQ you have, our products will help you make the most of it. From charcoal to gas-powered BBQs, we can supply everything you need including charcoal, logs and Calor Gas cylinders from right here in London. Contact us today.