Everyone loves the sound and smell of a real fire. If you follow these top tips for fire safety you can be sure you’ll be safe too.
Here are Chris’s guide to fire safety:
- Make sure you always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks from hot embers. These can be picked up from local DIY shops or from the internet quite cheaply.
- Make sure embers are under control and properly put out before you go to bed.
- Keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained. Ideally you would get a chimney sweep out every year and that keeps your insurance company happy too.
- Encourage children to keep a safe distance from the fire and explain why this is important.
- Never use paraffin, petrol or methylated spirits to light or revive a fire however tempting it is, they are simply too flammable.
- Never leave a fire unattended. See our earlier point about fireguards.
- Keep long hair tied back when lighting fires. I think you all know why we’re mentioning that one!
- Keep candles, incense, and oil burners away from anything flammable
- Test your fire alarm regularly.
Once you’ve thought about all of these points, you can sit back with a glass of something nice and put your feet up in front of your gorgeous fire. Enjoy.
Look us up on facebook.com/londongases or call us in the office on 020 8807 4633 if you have any questions.