No camping trip is complete without roasting marshmallows over a roaring campfire. This can be taken one step further thanks to our intrepid friends in America who came up with smores, a quick, easy and delicious snack that has become synonymous with camping. So, before you set off on your camping adventure, read on to find out just how to prepare this mouth-watering delicacy.
What will you need?
- Milk chocolate
- Plain biscuits or crackers, whichever you prefer
- A stick or skewer
- Tin foil and a barbecue grill, if available!
How do you make smores?
1. First of all, you need a campfire. London Gases sell a variety of logs, briquettes and kindling to help you get the perfect fire going. Once this is burning away, it's time for smores.
2. Skewer a marshmallow onto the end of your stick, just as you would normally toast marshmallows over a campfire. Hold the marshmallow over the fire safely until it starts to melt.
3. Place a square of milk chocolate on top of a biscuit and place your hot, melted marshmallow on top. This will cause the chocolate to begin to melt.
4. Put another biscuit on top of the marshmallow, making a sandwich.
5. If you have a grill and some foil to hand, then wrap your smore in foil and place it at the edge of your fire for a minute or two. This will help the chocolate to melt further. If you don't have a grill available then don't worry, your smore will still be delicious!
6. Tuck in! The crunchy biscuit alongside the warm melted chocolate and gooey marshmallow is the perfect end to a barbecue around the campfire.
There you have it. A deliciously simple recipe that ensures every night around a campfire ends with the perfect snack. For more information about the products and services London Gases provide, and to purchase logs for your camping trip, go to www.londongases.co.uk. Furthermore, if you live in London or the surrounding area, you can benefit from free next day delivery on all orders of coal and logs over £40. What are you waiting for?