Connecting a Calor Propane Gas cylinder (27mm screw-in regulator)
Connecting your Calor gas propane cylinder is simple when you know how, but to help you, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it correctly and safely. By following these straightforward instructions, you’ll be connecting and disconnecting gas bottles like a professional in no time!
How to connect a Propane gas bottle
- Firstly, check that the valve hand wheel situated at the top of the cylinder is off by turning it clockwise.
- Remove the protective plug from the cylinder and leave it hanging (to replace later – turn clockwise to remove this (left-hand thread))
- Check the bullnose connection on the regulator for any damage before connecting
- Screw the thread into the cylinder but remember the thread is left-hand so turn anti-clockwise to screw in.
- Make sure the connection is tight by using a suitable spanner
- When you need gas, turn the valve hand wheelanti-clockwise to open and the reverse to close.
IMPORTANT: This type of gas bottle has a female valve connection. Check the connection is clean and undamaged. Always use the correct size spanner and fully tighten.